Words from the Master

Aug 5, 2009  at 2:42 AM

How many of us can laugh with all our heart? Even in laughter we manage restrain! The so-called social etiquette has taught you to laugh in a polite way. When kids laugh, we condition them. We are a spray of cold water on their natural ways. We immediately tell them that they have had enough! We try to condition even their laughter.

I have heard mothers telling their daughters, “Don’t laugh like a man; laugh like a lady.” How can you culture laughter? Laughter is something that comes from your Being. I tell you, all your conditioning of your children is just to make replicas of your own dull and dead self. Till you replicate yourself completely, you will not rest.

I spent some time with a few children in my visit to Amreica this year. I spent about an hour interacting with them. I was so shocked when I saw that they simply did not laugh however much I tried joking with them. Children these days take on pseudo maturity and manage to exclude laughter from their system. If they cannot laugh as kids, what will they do when they grow up? It was too much for me.

People tell me that my laugh is infectious. With those kids, for the first time, my laughter seemed non-infectious! They were just looking at me with the same mature look on their faces. I left them afraid that they may make me serious!

(Loud laughter!)

You see, maturity does not have anything to do with excluding laughter. But somehow, we feel that when we are mature, we should automatically laugh less. Laughter is such strength because it brings in energy from your core to your periphery.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure