Words from the Master

Aug 6, 2009  at 2:44 AM

If you sit in on my sessions, most of the time there will only be laughter. Some joke will be cracked or some story told and everyone will be laughing. I never allow seriousness to set in. Even with people who do my work in the ashram, I never allow seriousness to set in them.

A small story:

One very humorous speaker was invited to a town to deliver a speech.
He came to the program with a big group of people.
The organizers were surprised when they saw the number of people with the speaker.
The speaker saw their surprised look and explained, “It is becoming difficult to get people to laugh these days, so I carry my own audience.”

(Laughter!)

In the so-called elite circles, people will be laughing, but in a very cultured and well-mannered way! This is not real laughter; this is dead laughter. Laughter can never be conditioned. If it is conditioned, it is not laughter; it is not the meditative laughter that we are talking about. It is simply an expression of the ego inside, that’s all.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure