Ask The Master: 26 Nov 2007

Nov 26, 2007  at 10:27 AM

What happens after death? (continuation from an earlier post)

I was in Varanasi which is sort of the headquarters of Hinduism. Hindus are enjoined to visit Varanasi at least once a life-time to wash away their sins by bathing in the river Ganga that flows through this city. I was caring for an elderly monk who was sick; he belonged to a famous religious order and was very ill. He was in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and I was sitting by his bedside. There was another person in that ICU ward who was dying. This happened before my enlightenment experience. I could see the struggle of the soul leaving the body. The body was in tremendous pain, as if a knife was ripping across the entire body length, as if a thousand scorpions were stinging him. The pain was so palpable that I wanted to run away from there; I could hardly watch. Suddenly the being fell into coma; coma is a pain killer; it is an automatic mechanism of the mind for the body to stop feeling the pain, that unbearable pain.

When I saw the being suffering, it seemed only for a few minutes; for that being, it was eternal. The pain of that being remained with me; I too was suffering; I watched, but could not do anything. The monk I was attending to recovered. A year after this incident, I became enlightened. I traveled down to South India. After about two years, I was again in an ICU healing a disciple. This time too another person was dying at a bed nearby. I saw that person die even as I was healing my devotee. I felt the pain starting; I wanted to run; but, now, instead of this being falling into coma and unconsciousness, unable to bear the pain, it went into deep awareness, a super consciousness. It was floating from layer to layer and disappeared into bliss. I asked the family of the dead man whether he was a very spiritual man, whether he was a great meditator, whether he was enlightened. They said: No; he was a non-believer, an atheist not even religious. I wondered: How could he have such a blissful death? How? Why? For this being, death was not an ordeal; it was a blessing. Why then did the other soul suffer? I contemplated, I meditated. Suddenly, the knowledge that descended on me was the knowledge of what I now teach at NSP (Nithyananda Spurana Program). It is a science, a technology that arose from the experience of those two deaths.

All suffering is caused by samskaras. (to be contd.)

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Beyond Life And Death

Seek at Leisure