Words from the Master

Jun 20, 2009  at 2:41 AM

Let me explain to you what I mean by negative existence. Take this bell here that is beside me. If I want to remove this bell, I can simply take it and leave it outside the room and it will not be here any more, am I right? This bell has a positive existence and so it is possible for me to do this. Now, let us say there is darkness in this room. Is it possible for you to take the darkness and keep it out?

No…

But if I bring light into this room, the darkness will disappear on its own, right? This is because, darkness does not have a positive existence; it has a negative existence. Because it has a negative existence, we cannot simply remove it.

In the same way, comparison does not have a positive existence. It exists only in our minds; it happens only when we exercise a certain thought in our mind. Because comparison does not exist in reality, you cannot overcome it by simply asking it to go away. You can overcome it by bringing in an understanding about it in your mind, just like how when you bring in light, the darkness disappears.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure