Words from the Master

Oct 14, 2009  at 2:48 AM

Another small story about Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa:

It is said, that whenever Ramakrishna saw someone from Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s place, he would fall at his or her feet.

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was a great Enlightened Master from India.

On one such occasion, when Ramakrishna fell at someone’s feet, the people around him asked him why he fell at ordinary mortals’ feet.

He replied, “Whether they are ordinary or extraordinary, it does not matter. They are from Baanigaati – where Chaitanya did an important sankeertan. The moment I hear that they are from there, the very name creates memories of Chaitanya in me, that is enough. I pay my gratitude to them by falling at their feet for having brought Chaitanya to my mind. If I had not met them, in those moments, I might have been thinking of something else unworthy. They are therefore instruments through whom divine memories and ideas are kindled in me.”

That was Ramakrishna’s reply!

For bringing thoughts about Chaitanya to him, Ramakrishna fell at their feet! Can we imagine this today? This is what I mean when I say, everything and everyone should be looked upon with gratitude for whatever they are doing. They are all part of Existence and they are all moving in some synchronicity, orchestrated by Existence. When you are sensitive to this happening, you will be able to feel gratitude for the way things are happening.

We need to imbibe this sense of gratitude from great Masters. This is the only thing we need to imbibe from them, the rest will be taken care of automatically, because when you imbibe this, the power of coincidence will make things happen for you and Existence will simply shower upon you.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure