Words from the Master

Sep 18, 2009  at 2:16 AM

A small story:

Three men were asked the same question, “What would you do if you were told that you had only 10 more days to live?”
The first man said, “I would put all my work in order, tie all ends up so that my family does not suffer after I am gone and then I will live peacefully.”
The second man said, “I would enjoy life to the maximum doing all the things I have never done before.”
The third man said, “I would consult another doctor!”
(Laughter!)

This is intelligence! When you can be spontaneous instead of getting caught in the solid and familiar tracks that you have built for yourself, you are fluid and intelligent.

Another small story:
In a hospital, the telephone rang and the nurse answered it.
A voice asked, “May I know how Chanda Basu of Room no. 10 is doing please?”
The nurse replied, “He is doing well and we are hoping to release him tomorrow evening. Who am I talking to?”
The voice replied, “This is Chanda Basu. You never tell patients anything in this place.”
(Loud laughter!)

This is intelligence! When you are not stuck at a point for long, when you don’t stay challenged for long, you are intelligent.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure