Words from the Master

Sep 2, 2009  at 2:14 AM

Let me tell you a few things from the Bhagwad Gita. The Bhagwad Gita was Lord Krishna’s teaching to the world.

When the Bhagwad Gita starts, Arjuna is confused.
He says, “Oh Lord! I don’t know what to do in life, please guide me.”
Krishna explains to him the Sankhya Yoga – the way to reach the Soul.
He then explains the Karma Yoga, then the Bhakthi Yoga, then the Karma Sanyasa Yoga, then the Jnana Karma Sanyasa Yoga, then the Raja Vidya Yoga and so on.
He explains different meditation techniques through 700 verses in 18 chapters.

At the end of it Arjuna says, “Krishna, I am more confused than what I was when you started explaining. Which technique do I follow? Which is the technique that is better and quicker? Which is the shortcut method - the ultimate technique?”
Krishna replies to this in the concluding 18th chapter.

With any Master, the words that he concludes with, are the final, firm and ultimate Truth.

Krishna says, Sarva dharman parithyajya mamekam sharanam vraja, aham thva sarvapapebhyo mokshayishyami ma suchaha.

This line that he has said is such that if we imagine all the religions, philosophies and spiritual books to be a pot of milk, this is the butter extracted from it all.

He says, “I have explained all the forms of Justice to you. Simply surrender everything to Me. Surrender to Me and I will take care of you. I will free you from all your sins and lift you to Liberation.”

Krishna is actually making a beautiful promise in this stanza.

Through this stanza, Krishna shows the world that Surrender, is the final, firm and ultimate technique – the shortcut to the egoless state, to liberation.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure