Words from the Master

Jul 28, 2009  at 2:29 AM

Science has proved that when you perform a task in a relaxed and light manner, your thinking and decision-making capacity is automatically enhanced. The same task when performed in a serious manner dulls your mind.

I tell you: All our seriousness is just sickness. When I say all, I mean ALL. And all our sickness originates from seriousness. Seriousness begets sickness and sickness begets seriousness.

One night, a man called me on the phone and started crying.
He said, “I fall at your feet, Swamiji! Please help me. I’m so depressed! I am going to end my life!” and so on.

I tried to calm him down, and finally said, “Why don’t you come to the ashram tomorrow morning and spend a few days with me? Let us see what can be done.”
He replied, “Tomorrow Swamiji? Oh… tomorrow I have to go to office… shall I come next weekend?”

Most of us are like this - getting unnecessarily tense about our so-called problems. Just one jolt is enough and our seriousness will drop. When we wake up to reality, we see how insignificant our problems really are.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure