Words from the Master

Jul 10, 2009  at 2:54 AM

One man asked me, “Swamiji, What is God?”

I slowly changed the subject and enquired about his family and his business.
We spoke for nearly two hours. In those two hours, never once did he get back to his initial question.

At the end of it I told him, “Ayyah, you asked me a question as soon as you came in. I did not answer it because it was not a question from deep inside you.”

If the question arises from deep inside us, we will never forget it or rest until we are satisfied with the answer. Some people ask questions, give the answer themselves and then ask me for an answer! They are merely looking to collect supporting words from me, that all.

Questions are really a scramble for gathering words and collecting within us. We get a great feeling about ourselves when we gather these words. But we miss the great Truth in doing so! We give more importance to the words than the Truth. This is how we miss the Master; this is how we miss the understanding behind the Master’s words.

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure