Words from the Master

Mar 11, 2009  at 2:14 AM

Our thoughts are different from our words and hence we lose the life that we are living. Ramakrishna says, “Uniting our thoughts and words is like doing a penance.” But what do we do? We edit our thoughts and bring them out as words. There is so much of calculation that goes on inside before the words come out. We see ‘profit and loss’ and go into the future to analyze before we start talking. Our personality never gets integrated because of this and we remain fragmented.

People ask me how I am able to talk for hours together without any preparation. You see, I talk the Truth as it is - spontaneously, that’s all. I am not worried about exposing the Truth! I never edit my words. For me, thinking is talking. For you, first thinking happens; then editing is done on it and only then comes talking. The innocence is lost in the whole process and you are caught with so many words also.

You are able to listen for hours together to me only because I am talking spontaneously. Else, you will get restless. The fact that you are here without being bothered about the time passing by is enough proof for what I am trying to tell you.
When spontaneity happens, you just flow without thinking. Else, you stagnate in your own mental make up. You become a one-track mind.

A small story:

A man was trying hard to sleep but could not, because his neighbor’s dogs were barking persistently.
This scene remained unchanged for a few nights.
He finally decided to talk to the owner about it.
He went to his house the next day and complained to him about it.
The neighbor was unmoved and said, “Nothing I can do about it. What do you plan to do?”
The man replied, “Well, tonight I will tie the dogs in my backyard and then you will know what it is!”


Just think what foolishness it is to do what the man suggested! He is again and again going into the matter with a one-track mind. How will he find a solution? When you are spontaneous, you will never be challenged for even a moment. You will come back with a solution instantly. When you are spontaneous, you will simply jump off any cliff and build your wings on the way down!

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure