Words from the Master

Jan 26, 2009  at 2:22 AM

People will say, “Swamiji, it is enough if I am able to feed my family properly.” I tell you: This is just an excuse to draw a tight boundary around yourself; a way to contract yourself.

You might have heard of the famous lines of Bodhi dharma:
Buddham sharanam gachami
Dhammam sharanam gachami
Sangam sharanam gachami


It means:
I surrender to Buddha;
I surrender to Dhamma - the preaching of Buddha;
I surrender to the Sanga or institution created by Buddha.

It is very easy to surrender to Buddha or any Master. You don’t have to do much for it. Masters are so luring by virtue of their Divinity, that it doesn’t take much from your side to do this. People tell me that the moment they see me, they feel a certain belief and faith in me. I tell you, this is not a big deal! The Existential Energy in me pulls you, that’s all!

The next statement: I surrender to the preaching of Buddha, is a little more difficult than the first, because the moment you say this, you have to show that you are following it! For example, I say to you: Be Blissful. That is my teaching. What do you then say? “No no Swamiji, it is not practical…” Be very clear: I say only practical things. You start thinking that I am enlightened and that I don’t know anything about your so-called practical life. No. You are wrong.

I say only those things that you can become in day-to-day life. I am sharing my experience with you when I say Be Blissful. I am not just preaching the words. Understand that first. When I say be blissful, I am drawing you to experience the bliss that I am in. And it is perfectly practical because I am alive here in front of you.

Anyway, the third line says: I surrender to the institution created by Buddha. Here starts the real problem. This requires a tremendous responsibility to be taken upon oneself.

Understand: Masters live in their mission more than in their body. Only 33% of their Energy is in their body. The remaining 66% is in their mission and teaching. That is the kind of responsibility they live with. I always tell people: I get my Energy from my movement not from the food that I eat.

Masters never take up birth to fulfill any karmas or unfulfilled desires in themselves, because they don’t have any karma to be fulfilled. They take birth out of sheer compassion, sheer love; to kindle the spirit of the people. The longevity of a Master is determined by the intensity and speed of his mission, which is the very purpose of his Birth.

Masters live more in their words and movement, than in their body. That is why I always tell you, to drop my form and become sensitive to the Energy instead.

But what do you do? You try to keep holding my elbow all the time! Instead of doing my work, which is actually your work, you tag behind me wanting to be with my physical form all the time. You never understand when I say this to you.

Understand that when you do the work of a Divine mission, you are doing two things – one is: Meditation for your own spiritual growth and the second is service to society with responsibility. The second is only a by-product. The transformation that happens in you while you are doing the work is my actual work of transforming you!

My work is to continuously transform you and that happens in different ways. One of them is by making you do the work of the mission. Do you understand what I am trying to say?

So just take on responsibility with joy! When you are confronted with seemingly high responsibilities, simply nod your head to it. The mere nodding without resistance, is enough. The rest will be taken care of by Existence.

Have you heard of the mysore pak… the famous Indian sweet? It will look and feel heavy, but the moment you put it in your mouth, it will melt and dissolve and give you a renewed source of Energy as well. Likewise, when you simply nod your head to any responsibility, you will immediately get the Energy to execute it. The very act of taking up responsibility will bring the necessary Energy into you. This is the loving Energy of Existence that you need to discover in you.

To take up responsibility, you need to love the whole of Existence without discrimination. When you love without discrimination, you can take up responsibility without discrimination. Responsibility is nothing but the ability to respond spontaneously. When you can respond without a thought, without a plan, ready to take on anything with just the spontaneity in you, you have arrived!

______________________
This excerpt has been taken from the book: Guaranteed Solutions.

Seek at Leisure